"I Live to think for myself. I refuse to be a mindless sheep following the crowd into cookie-cutter oblivion. Otherwise I'd just be a zombie with no heart or passion in life" - Hervey Taylor IV

Blowing Through Town

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

| | |
Hello friends. I know I have been sooooo slow with the blogging lately. It is because my mind has been otherwise occupied. And by occupied I mean my brain is slowing eroding away into nothingness with no sleep and anxiety out of the wazoo.

But, I have several good stuff to share with you I just have been wanting to wait for the right time to tell you. I suppose now could be the right time to tell you. I really am just looking to put off studying for statistics for another several minutes so I figure this is a good way to do that. Oh, the life of a professionally trained procrastinator... I think I should get paid for my relatively stunning abilities to intensely procrastinate anything and everything and still always get it done on time and in good fashion.

1. I am going back to Boston for the summer to do more research. Which basically means... 60-80 hour work weeks. Little to no sleep. Running (assuming I don't fall down another flight of stairs... which is actually more likely than you would think) around beautiful rivers and streams. Living another 10-12 weeks in one of my favorite cities. PLUS I have great people to work around in lab and a good friend who will also be there doing research. Additional plus, I get paid really decently and never had to apply. HHMI is amazing and I am glad they gave me the opportunity to go back.

2. Guess what folks... it's official. I don't have to sell all of my belongings and head to Italy to become a hippie farmer who mainly spends most of her time drinking wine. Though, I will still continue the wine drinking wherever I may go. Also, I just learned how to make some bomb Sangria in wine class which was so delicious. So, I expect to be making this for friends, family, and of course myself very soon. Oh wait... the point... I got in to graduate school!!! I don't know where I am going yet and I am not going to tell you my options as of now. I'll let you know when I decide. But the main thing is that no matter what, I am going somewhere. It's pretty epic.

3. I will be writing a weekly wine post as promised but I don't think I am going to start it for a while. I have a couple of other things to concentrate on like... graduating, deciding where to place my life for the next 5-6 years, work, finding a place to live (probably should be at the top of my list right now), and my favorite thing in the whole world: sleep! Of which I am currently/ lacking (I'm actually always lacking sleep but it's gotten more intense within the past month or so) as my plane got in this morning and I didn't get home till around 1:30 am and I have very insanely long school day including a test. Speaking of planes, I have more traveling stories to tell you all probably tomorrow.

Stay cool my friends. And if you're in Las Cruces, welcome to the windy, dusty, really too long season of spring. It's officially started as indicated by the actually rather low 30-40 mph winds outside... which really put a damper on the otherwise pleasant temperatures of the next several months. Try not to blow away. I know it can be rather difficult at times.

0 Witty Remarks:

Post a Comment