"I Live to think for myself. I refuse to be a mindless sheep following the crowd into cookie-cutter oblivion. Otherwise I'd just be a zombie with no heart or passion in life" - Hervey Taylor IV

Ello

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

| | |
I figured I would jump into the blogging game. If only to have an out from my crazy hectic life... when I should probably be doing something more productive like studying for my microbial genetics exam tomorrow.

I'm thinking I should tell you (hopefully there is a you out there somewhere) a little about me. I am 21 and an undergraduate at New Mexico State University where I dabble in the scientific world. This is where my head is most of the time. Reading articles. Conducting research. Currently agonizing over the many graduate school applications that are due what seems like tomorrow. 

I was born and raised in the Land of Enchantment otherwise known as New Mexico. In my opinion, there is nothing enchanting about it but this is only because I have lived here far too long and am itching to get away. In reality, it is excellent if you like the heat, love the outdoors, hate humidity, and aren't a huge fan of grass. The number one thing NM has going for it though is the chili. Our state question is literally "Red or Green?" referring to the type of chili you prefer. For you mid westerners and east coasters chili is a vegetable, one that I prefer green and on top of everything I eat. You would be surprised how many people on my adventures across the east didn't have a clue as to what this was. You won't find anywhere else in the world with as good of chili as Hatch, NM.

Anyway, I am in my 5th year as an undergrad only because I kept taking too many classes and racked up three degrees. What this really means though is that I am leaving in 1 year! Where, I don't know but I do know it will be away from here. Much to the dismay of my mother who is about to have a hard case of empty-nest syndrome since my sister left a couple of months ago for graduate school in Pennsylvania. She'll be back though. She has always been in love with this city and this state and I have no doubt she will plant her roots firmly in the dry New Mexican soil and have a beautiful life in the sun.

I feel like I didn't actually tell you much about me. Well, my favorite color is turquoise and my favorite animal is the sloth because who wouldn't want to sit around and be lazy in the trees all day? This doesn't even begin to crack into my life but hey we have time for that. Right now, I have to light a fire under my butt and get studying.

Stay tuned... I ensure you there will be plenty of grammatical errors, pointless facts, scientific conundrums and shenanigans of all sorts. I can promise you this because I have been called many things in my life, but normal wasn't one of them.

0 Witty Remarks:

Post a Comment